Cookies are small text files containing small amounts of information which are sent to and stored on your computer, smartphone or other device when you access a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies are used on the Website for a number of reasons. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- to allow users to log on to their WinPrincess account;
- to allow users to choose login preferences;
- to monitor and collect information about transactions placed on the Website; and
- for fraud prevention purposes and generally to safeguard privacy.
Cookies are generally used to improve and enhance the user experience. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate.
- Session Management - these cookies are essential to enable use of the Website, they manage session information and enable users to navigate through the Website.
- Functionality - these cookies store information which enables us to remember user preferences e.g. preferred language, sort types, media settings. They are also used to improve users’ experience by, for example, stopping users from being shown the same message twice.
- Fraud Prevention - these cookies store information which helps us stop fraudulent use of the Website. Tracking - these cookies enable us to store information about how users landed on the Website. We need to record this so that we can appropriately pay our Affiliates.
- Analysis – these cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of users and to see how users move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and to deliver adverts and information which are more relevant to each user and their interests and to monitor the effectiveness of such adverts and information.
WinPrincess might, from time to time, use carefully selected third party tracking and/or analytical cookies to assist in improving the Website and WinPrincess’s services for users.
Where links are provided on the Website to third party websites it is important to remember that those websites will have their own cookies and privacy policies which will govern any information you may submit. If you decide to use any linked third party websites please read their cookies and privacy policies before doing so.
If you want to delete any cookies already stored on your computer or stop the cookies that keep track of your browsing patterns on the Website, you can do so by deleting your existing cookies and/or altering your browser's privacy settings (the process you follow will differ from browser to browser). If you would like more information on how to disable cookies or change your privacy settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Your browser’s 'help' function should also tell you how to do this.
Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling our future cookies means that you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Website. For example, if your browser is set to disable 'session' cookies, you won't be able to log on to your WinPrincess account.